Trimester 1 Reading Power Standards/I can Statements
*I can ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
*I can show how sounds make words.
* I can ask and answer questions about key details that are presented.
Trimester 1 Math Power Standards/I can Statements
*I can describe where an object is in relation to other things, such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, next to.
* I can correctly name shapes (square, circle, triangles, rectangles, hexagons, cubes, cones, cylinders, and spheres).
*I can tell if a shape is two-dimensional (flat) or three-dimensional (solid).
Trimester 2 Reading & Math Standards
- I can name characters, settings, and major events in a story.
- I can read kindergarten words.
- I can write my opinion on a topic or book.
- I can count to 100 by ones and tens.
- I can explain how two or three-dimensional shapes are alike and different.
- I can solve addition and subtraction word problems (within 10)
Trimester 3 Power standards
- Students will read at level I with 90% accuracy, 71% comprehension, and 40 wpm
- Ask and Answer questions about key ideas.
- W.1.2- Write a story with details in the right order.
- R.L. 1.9 I can compare and contrast what characters do in a story.
- R.L. 1.9 I can compare and contrast two texts on the same topic.
- 1.OA.6A I can use counting on or counting back strategies to add and subtract
- 1.OA.8 I can find an unknown number in a number sentence regardless of its location.
- 1.NBT.5 I can mentally find 10 more or 10 less than a two digit number.